Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tulsa

The last band I was in before I "went solo" (which stint included getting in TWO bands, but that's not important. The motivation is a nice before/after line for me) was a band called Noisebin, which featured myself on bass, the amazing Jenny Christmas on guitar, and "Hands" Danly on drums. We were a great band and had a nice little run, but tensions and visions were disparate and we split the band up before we started hating each other.
I kept a few of the songs though, and this one, based off of one of Jenny's chord progressions (C-F waltz) is one of my favorites. She started doing the C-F thing in practice, I followed her and started improvising some melodies on top of it. I had an idea for the chorus and the rest is history.



No, I've never been to Tulsa. I was writing a lot of stuff "in character" those days (read: making shit up) and these will always be some of my favorites lyrics. Filmed live at Grudge Match, March 17th 2010.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home